Thursday 30 August 2012

Folding bike in car boot

Unfortunately after many tries to squeeze two into the boot, the Civic can only accomodate one Tern D8. So I have to put the other in the passenger seat when I transport two bikes. 

Do note to take care of your body posture as u unload the bike into the boot. I gotta twist on my hip muscle (hmm..) when I bent my body too much. The bike weighs about 12kg with all the add-ons. Well, I am hoping to shed some weights off the bike soon.

I place the bike with the deraileur side down. As I read in the Tern forum, there seems to be no official recommended way on which side should face up. I have experienced the handle "twisted" after I place it with the deraileur side up. Because the weights all sit on the handle bar. 

Do note I have turn the seat post to the side, so that some weights can rest on the seat. Here is a pic.


Tern D8 in civic boot

No comments:

Post a Comment